Archive for the ‘Al Qaeda’ Category
Folks in Washington accidentally released a new Al Qaeda™ video ahead of schedule. The public still needs to be frightened into submission, so Bin Laden Studios will work overtime to release new content. Not to worry, the War on Terror™ is going ahead as planned, small slips notwithstanding.
Michael Rozeff writes about the next great state racket: terrorism.
There is every reason to conclude that the war on terrorism does not aim to eliminate terrorism. That is a pretext. What are these reasons?
(1) Terrorism can’t be eliminated.
(2) Terrorism is not a large problem.
(3) The costs of fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are huge, at least one trillion dollars, compared to the costs imposed by terrorism.
(4) The U.S. has caused more terrorism by starting two wars.
(5) The U.S. has made no effort against terrorism in many parts of the globe.
(6) The U.S. has made no significant effort to reduce its own political, military, and economic presence in foreign countries that entangles the U.S. in local power struggles.
(7) Worldwide terrorism has risen since the U.S. began the war on terrorism.