Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
This is a nice blast from the past
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don’t you know that you can count me out
But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao
You ain’t going to make it with anyone anyhow
Fred Reed has a very interesting piece on LRC today:
Honor means nothing more than prickly infantile vanity dressed up, usually, in desperate class-consciousness. Of all the symptoms of a weak ego, honor is the most embarrassing, and the most harmful. In a right-minded society it would be made a capital offense.
Read the rest here
Mr. Reed hits the mark just right. The idea of honor must be deconstructed.
Once upon a time a man appeared in a village and
announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys
for $10 each.
The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at $10 and, as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He next announced that he would now buy monkeys at $20 each. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer increased to $25 each and the supply of monkeys became so scarce it was an effort to even find a monkey, let alone catch it! The man now announce d that he would buy monkeys at $50 each! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would buy on his behalf. In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers: ‘Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has already collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for $50 each.’ The villagers rounded up all their savings and bought all the monkeys for 700 billion dollars.
They never saw the man or his assistant again, only
lots and lots of monkeys!
Now you have a better understanding of how the
WALL STREET BAILOUT PLAN WILL WORK !!!!
[T]his holiday season, be sure to tell your local pirate(s) Feliz Navidad – for without their enterprising minds, we would all be much poorer.
Arrrr! Indeed, Mr. Swanson!
It’s amazing that (mainstream) economists, or at least the financial pundits have learned nothing in oh-so 70 years:
Found on Campaign for Liberty
I’d never taken an accounting course, never run a business, never even had savings of my own to manage. I stumbled into a job at Salomon Brothers in 1985 and stumbled out much richer three years later, and even though I wrote a book about the experience, the whole thing still strikes me as preposterous—which is one of the reasons the money was so easy to walk away from.
Fascinating, though long read.
After something of a hiatus…
Eric Bogie – Waltzing Matilda (sang by Priscilla Herdman)
Bob Dylan – With God on our Side
Donovan – Universal Soldier
It is time to submit your articles for the next Market Anarchy blog carnival!
All Market Anarchist blogs are invited to participate. Every 29th of the month, a designated blog (see schedule at the end of this post) will host a carnival where all the posts you submitted during the month will be linked to and commented on. So don’t forget to send your submissions every month, and to link to the carnival edition when it comes out! Click below to submit your entry.
Here are some guidlines you need to follow in order to make a valid submission:
1. New Carnival edition once a month, on the 29th of the month.
2. One post per person per edition.
3. All posts must be related to MA (or agorism, or individualist anarchism) in some conceptual way. Narratives (fictional or not) are fine. Please no posts about how we must make government smaller, how the Constitution is great, who we should vote for, or how this or that specific law should be repealed. All entries by anarcho-leftists or paleo-conservatives will be laughed at, and may be posted for the purpose of public ridicule. Primitivist, Georgist and mutualist entries will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
4. All MA or related blogs are invited to host their own editions. Blogs which desire to host an edition of the Carnival must submit their demand at least one month before said edition.
5. All submittors are invited to link to the Carnival edition they submitted to, in order to keep the Carnival going.
6. Hosts of the carnival may exclude entries from their edition for reasons of irrelevancy or low quality.
Do you wish to be showered in recognition, love, and hits? Post in the comments to reserve a future date, and include your blog name, name, and email:
March 29th : Check Your Premises (first edition)
April 29th: There Is No Government Like No Government (2nd edition)
May 29h: Hellbound Alleee (3rd edition)
June 29th: …No Third Solution (4th edition)
July 29th: The Freedom To Say 2 + 2 Is 4 (5th edition)
August 29th: No Third Solution (6th edition)
There you have it. The stage is set, so get started with those articles and submit them to me and I will see you on the 29th!